Ordo Templari
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just saying hello

Go down 
+5
Avalantes
Leoric
Rad
Vanaja
Halluir
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Halluir
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

Just saying hello Empty
PostSubject: Just saying hello   Just saying hello I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:22 am

I generally do not like starting new threads like this but there seems like no other thread take up the issues I have... So here I go:
First of all, hello everyone, I met a few of you sometimes and some a bit more but only remember the name of two, Leoric and of course Sof (eh, forgot the spelling there) all of you have given me good RP and the fact that my current guild that I so love (the house of the rose) got alts/mains in your guild to just make me feel stronger about that I really met the nice crowd on this server and I so hope that Halluir will continue to meet you folks.. (Ok enough with the buttkissing now Smile )

So some facts to avoid confusion and offending people then:
I come from a "RP culture" where brackets like ((xxx)) for ooc is not used over tells, I know a lot of you use it, but if I ever send you a tell, it is oocly unless I somehow emote I am whispering ICly.
I know this can be a issue with some people (noone I met in AoC so far though)
hmm, I think I had more to say, but it is way to late and my head is mush, so...

Anyway, thank you for being out there and if I get it my way, we see more of eachother Smile
Back to top Go down
Vanaja
Phalanx
Phalanx
Vanaja

Just saying hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just saying hello   Just saying hello I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:10 am

And hello to you too!
Don't know why you wouldn't want to start a thread like this? It's nice to see people drop by just to say hi or like Phoenicia to drop some artwork.

See you in Hyboria!
Back to top Go down
http://aoc.knightstemplar.cc/
Rad
Chiliostys
Chiliostys
Rad

Just saying hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just saying hello   Just saying hello I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:02 am

Hello there, Hall! Tilrion here, good to see you.
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

Just saying hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just saying hello   Just saying hello I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:27 am

Halluir, good to see you! Smile

About the brackets ((blah blah)) in tells from Templari, it's much to do with the fact that our crystals allow us to sometimes use tells for IC messages. So yeah, we need to somehow distinct when it's not IC. This is of course not an issue when sending tells to non Templari since you wouldn't have a crystal - but sometimes old habits stick. Smile
Back to top Go down
Avalantes
Chiliostys
Chiliostys
Avalantes

Just saying hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just saying hello   Just saying hello I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:28 am

Hello there! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sofra
Phalanx
Phalanx

Just saying hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just saying hello   Just saying hello I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 11:37 pm

HI hall Smile nice to see you here !
Back to top Go down
Rashi
Chiliostys
Chiliostys
Rashi

Just saying hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just saying hello   Just saying hello I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 9:06 am

Greetings Halluir,

I wouldn't say it is a problem to not to use the brackets. For example, when my character uses the crystal, in a PM I always put something to the start like

*focuses her thoughts to a singular person* / *crystal hails a specific target* ...

So people know that's IC coming right there. I'm sure people will adjust to it. I got to agree, using (()) in a PM is quite.. bothersome Razz I just have that inbred in me, should try to get rid of it.

But!

Welcome to lurk the forums! I hope you'll find something you could one day call a "home"
Back to top Go down
http://tharynien.deviantart.com
Halluir
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

Just saying hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just saying hello   Just saying hello I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:19 am

And its you again.. Just in case you forget, some alt of yours and Hal grinded trough tortage and some of the starter areas after I think.. And your Oshnei on the aquillonia server was the first RP encounter I ever had in AoC :p

Smile
Back to top Go down
Hyrde
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

Just saying hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just saying hello   Just saying hello I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:35 pm

heya...

...don't let this thread die!
Back to top Go down
Sofra
Phalanx
Phalanx

Just saying hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just saying hello   Just saying hello I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 2:21 pm

-waves at Beli- hello !
Back to top Go down
Alceste
Conscript
Conscript

Just saying hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just saying hello   Just saying hello I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 8:26 pm

Keeping the thread alive.....
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

Just saying hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just saying hello   Just saying hello I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:32 pm

*waters the thread and talks a little to it*
Back to top Go down
Hyrde
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

Just saying hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just saying hello   Just saying hello I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 9:04 am

*comes by and surveys the thread satisfied* aye, this flower blooms pretty well!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just saying hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just saying hello   Just saying hello I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just saying hello
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ordo Templari :: Poitain (Public Area) :: Guest Room-
Jump to: