Ordo Templari
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Regarding the Bard in the Glen

Go down 
+2
Rad
Sofra
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sofra
Phalanx
Phalanx

Regarding the Bard in the Glen Empty
PostSubject: Regarding the Bard in the Glen   Regarding the Bard in the Glen I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:20 pm

I love it Smile

Constructive criticism - I love the figure of the bard and the mothers suspicious at first then coming round to him. The description of his clothing is great. So is the figure of the little shaman. Half outcast, half high caste. Interesting.

*constructive* criticism - occasionally it takes a bit of puzzling out to figure out what you mean ( English is not your first language I'm guessing? It wouldn't matter but sometimes it gets in the way of the meaning a bit.

Hope you don't mind!
Back to top Go down
Rad
Chiliostys
Chiliostys
Rad

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the Bard in the Glen   Regarding the Bard in the Glen I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:26 pm

I loved it, excellent story. Somehow it felt collorfull all the way through.
Back to top Go down
Bjornia
Taxiarchos
Taxiarchos
Bjornia

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the Bard in the Glen   Regarding the Bard in the Glen I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 8:03 pm

LOL! English is my first language Embarassed Which parts are hard to understand? The typing in accents, or my grammar?

I've been told I have a poetic writing style lately, so I've been trying to develop it. Surprised Been reading lots of Chaucer and Coleridge >.<

Also, the bard's tale of Caedlain is half based on the celtic story about Cuchulainn and his youthful exploits. Credit where it's due. It took me a long time to figure out what a Hurley bat is! Quite possibly Bjornia will tell the tale again in her own style, at one of the green man story events. Maybe that doesn't leave you guessing anymore who the shaman in the story is, hehe.
Back to top Go down
Sofra
Phalanx
Phalanx

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the Bard in the Glen   Regarding the Bard in the Glen I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 8:20 pm

-very red face- ooops. -coughs-

I would really like to log on and rp tonight but I'll try to pick out the bits tomorrow?

-tiptoes off -
Back to top Go down
Ankhnaset
Chiliostys
Chiliostys
Ankhnaset

Location : In front of my PC fighting off waves of slavering cats and rampaging children

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the Bard in the Glen   Regarding the Bard in the Glen I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 8:33 pm

I love 'cultural painting' stories. Nice cheers
Back to top Go down
Rashi
Chiliostys
Chiliostys
Rashi

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the Bard in the Glen   Regarding the Bard in the Glen I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 8:56 pm

Ooh I loved that! I sucketh at bard-verse-poet stuff *laughs*

Looking very good Smile
Back to top Go down
http://tharynien.deviantart.com
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the Bard in the Glen   Regarding the Bard in the Glen I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 3:12 pm

Just read this then. Smile Very nicely written Bjornia!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the Bard in the Glen   Regarding the Bard in the Glen I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regarding the Bard in the Glen
Page 1 of 1