Ordo Templari
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hrodgeirr

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hyrde
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

Hrodgeirr Empty
PostSubject: Hrodgeirr   Hrodgeirr I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 12:21 pm

My true first alt, since Alekto being somewhat retired.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Name:
Hrodgeirr (famous spear)

Class:
guardian/tempest (I know, same as Hyrde but tempest is my favorite class by far. his main purpose is RP thus his class comes second anyways)

Place of Birth:
some shabby village in Vanaheim

Profession (tanner, adventurer, stable boy, tracker, etc):
pillaging if that counts

Physical Description:
tall and well muscled (but not on steroids) he keeps shaved (head as well) thinking facial hair hindering in battle (I know, he nearly looks like Hyrde but the assortment of hairstyles for cimmerians doesn't enthuse me and though I used the same head style I did more fine tuning this time. I hope the small differences'll be plain to see)

Mental Description:
quite the opposite of gloomy Hyrde this lad is companionable and in good humor if a bit bawdy like most northeners.

Background:
as I have it with my other chars, this lad should be experienced, his background told in living RP
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

Hrodgeirr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hrodgeirr   Hrodgeirr I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 12:31 pm

Hey Belisarion. Smile

I assume you know that the Vanir are mortal enemies of Cimmerians and thus a great portion of this guild. You could say they are part of the "encroaching darkness" as the Templari see it. Razz Some have even roleplayed their characters as going into rages when seeing a Vanir. Any Vanir. And while the Templari preaches tolerance to all races, there are some that just will find it very, very hard to be trusted.

So.. if you can pull this off, kudos to you. Smile I'm definately not saying it will be impossible - but it will be a steep challenge for you or anyone to get a Vanir accepted into the Templari. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Hyrde
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

Hrodgeirr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hrodgeirr   Hrodgeirr I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 12:55 pm

oh, I'm fully aware of this, Hrodgeirr may be not Very Happy

but this fact does not mislead him, he is young, venturous and carefree to the point not distiguishing racial enmity. I'd like to play him a bit like the vikings in past, bold and often infamous when wandering amongst foreign folks, often not aware or worried by hostile glances Very Happy

by the way, how would you translate:

"I am Hrodgeirr, son of Ymir! Come and get me!"
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

Hrodgeirr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hrodgeirr   Hrodgeirr I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:10 pm

Alright. I'd also like you to carefully ponder just why he would seek to join the Templari and why we should trust him enough to take in a viking-berserking infamous Vanir into a company of disciplined scholars and guards. Wink

As for the translation: "Jag är Hrodgeirr, son av Ymir! Kom och ta mig!"
Back to top Go down
Hyrde
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

Hrodgeirr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hrodgeirr   Hrodgeirr I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:21 pm

As for this I could use a Templari as buying agent. Hrodgeirr keeps asking around OT who would buy ancient artifacts.

btw, the murdered architect, his crystal was stolen, aye? maybe it was found by someone or is this item already incorporated in a running plot?

addendum:
concerning his mental background he might be bawdy but I removed any fanatical race enmity, he will not go berserk or explode at every mistakable notion. One Hyrde is enough! Very Happy

Last edited by Belisarion on Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sofra
Phalanx
Phalanx

Hrodgeirr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hrodgeirr   Hrodgeirr I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:27 pm

it was stolen and handed to the Nemedians, read danach's story Smile
Back to top Go down
Hyrde
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

Hrodgeirr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hrodgeirr   Hrodgeirr I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:32 pm

Yikes! Unless Hrodgeirr cannot be incorporated in this story there is maybe another reasonable source for these crystals? Maybe one superior could contact me for a neat storyline? Any other ancient item of interest to the Templari would do just as fine Smile
Back to top Go down
Sofra
Phalanx
Phalanx

Hrodgeirr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hrodgeirr   Hrodgeirr I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:41 pm

there are more Smile chat in game about it
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

Hrodgeirr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hrodgeirr   Hrodgeirr I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:44 pm

Bringing a dead Templari's crystal to Leoric or another officer will result in them demanding it back as their property. A finder's reward might be discussed, but questions will still be asked as to how your character got hold of the crystal, and you certainly wouldn't be trusted more because of it. More like.. less. Razz

As for other items, aye, it would work as a way to contact us ICly for sure. Smile Still, why we should trust a Vanir and why he should wish to join us remains to be answered. Wink
Back to top Go down
Hyrde
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

Hrodgeirr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hrodgeirr   Hrodgeirr I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 2:02 pm

That would be played out Smile

To be more concrete may help understanding his motives. Hence I offer some bits of background info Smile
He hails from a shabby village far in the north of Vanaheim. Far from any border the only enemies he battled were other vanir tribes. This is the reason why he lacks this fanatical enmity to cimmerians or aesir. He simply never saw one back in Vanaheim, so any enmity is just academical to him.
Poverty has driven him south were he hires out as a mercenary mostly in mixed racial raiding bands. Here he met aesir, cimmerians and northern hyboreans the first time in his life. Sure, the tone was harsh between the nationalities but a mutual respect held them together.
And here he learned some discipline from deserted aquillonian soldiers , so the chain of command is not an alien concept to him. Of course he remains still vanir to the core, he's no tamed savage Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

Hrodgeirr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hrodgeirr   Hrodgeirr I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 2:07 pm

I'm not asking you to reveal his background, just to have answers to the questions above ready in your head for when you interact with the Templari with the purpose for him to join us. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hyrde
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

Hrodgeirr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hrodgeirr   Hrodgeirr I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 2:13 pm

oh *blush*...hehe....aye, got them up and ready Smile
Back to top Go down
Vanaja
Phalanx
Phalanx
Vanaja

Hrodgeirr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hrodgeirr   Hrodgeirr I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 5:11 pm

NVranya is sponsoring this silly little man!
Back to top Go down
http://aoc.knightstemplar.cc/
Sofra
Phalanx
Phalanx

Hrodgeirr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hrodgeirr   Hrodgeirr I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:22 pm

at last invited Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hrodgeirr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hrodgeirr   Hrodgeirr I_icon_minitime