Ordo Templari
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Problems with client

Go down 
+3
Vanaja
Sofra
Sternenkind
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sternenkind
Conscript
Conscript
Sternenkind

Problems with client Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problems with client   Problems with client I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:25 pm

I just finished the reinstallation of the game. It is still not working.
I keeps telling me over and over again:

D:\Age of Conan\AgeofConan.exe cannot be found.

Missing file "LocalConfic.xml" in the client's installation folder,<br>bitte den Funcom Kundenservice kontaktieren, Error Code 150

The file is there, but something is broken. I deleted the file and created it new like a GM told it in the official forum. It did not work. I deleted the game, deleted every entry in the registry, it did not work. I reinstalled the game, it did not work. I do not know what to do next...
Back to top Go down
Sofra
Phalanx
Phalanx

PostSubject: Re: Problems with client   Problems with client I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:32 pm

hm, as well as deletion did you actully Uninstall, reboot, then reinstall?

and does google give anything on code 150? ( though watch out for trick sites I suppose :/ )
Back to top Go down
Sternenkind
Conscript
Conscript
Sternenkind

PostSubject: Re: Problems with client   Problems with client I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:37 pm

I tried that also, Sofra.
There is in every language a text in the official forums where other players have that problem, here is the english one:
http://forums-de.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=7508
Back to top Go down
Sofra
Phalanx
Phalanx

PostSubject: Re: Problems with client   Problems with client I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:38 pm

heck. im not good at tech stuff. I hope someone can post some help here ? from the guild?
Back to top Go down
Vanaja
Phalanx
Phalanx
Vanaja

PostSubject: Re: Problems with client   Problems with client I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:47 am

My german sucks, so sorry, I'll try in english.

But, you should download this file: European localconfig.xml and put it in /or replace it in D:\Age of Conan\

If that does not work, try to run D:\Age of Conan\SimpleConfig.exe and do the verify/repair option. (Something like: Kontrolieren oder Prufen/Reparieren?)
Back to top Go down
http://aoc.knightstemplar.cc/
Kyanth
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

PostSubject: Re: Problems with client   Problems with client I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 3:44 am

Anti-virus maybe?

Try to disable your anti-virus momentarily and see if it works.

Sometimes some anti-virus decide to block a few .exe. Never seen it happening with AoC, but I had that with other games.
Back to top Go down
Sternenkind
Conscript
Conscript
Sternenkind

PostSubject: Re: Problems with client   Problems with client I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 10:46 am

Thanks for the help, I really apreciate it.

I tried anything that can be done with the localconfig.xml file. I downloaded the european one, I wrote a new one myself, I copied a old one from my backup, nothing worked.
Also, sadly, its not the Anti-Virus program.

The game chrashed last afternoon and after that nothing worked anymore. I even reinstalled the game now two times in different folders, the error is the same. I was using three different backup points from windows that where saved, still the same.
Back to top Go down
Hyrde
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

PostSubject: Re: Problems with client   Problems with client I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 10:51 am

tried to install the client in english?
Back to top Go down
Sternenkind
Conscript
Conscript
Sternenkind

PostSubject: Re: Problems with client   Problems with client I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 11:12 am

Words cannot describe the pain I am feeling right now in my soul and my heart, but I give up. I have worked all night long on that problem, doing everything I could.

But the game is not working anymore. I have written an eMail to Funcom and I will wait for their answer.

If Funcom isn't able to solve that problem, than I will not play this game anymore even if I would be able again to play if in the future. I am just too dissappointed with that piece of software crap. Sorry to be so rude.

PS: I even tried to install the french one, it did not work.
Back to top Go down
Vanaja
Phalanx
Phalanx
Vanaja

PostSubject: Re: Problems with client   Problems with client I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 11:44 am

Did you also remove the user configuration data? Since you installed conan in different folders the problem might be in the one thing that stays the same.

Make a backup if you want your old settings later, then remove your configuration folder entirely:

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Funcom\Conan\

Vista:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Funcom\Conan\

Then retry the verify option from simpleconfig.exe
Back to top Go down
Sternenkind
Conscript
Conscript
Sternenkind

PostSubject: Re: Problems with client   Problems with client I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 11:57 am

That was one of the first things I did.

It simply do not understand at all, where the problem is located. Because I used several backup points of windows, one was two months ago. I can be pretty sure now that I have no idea what the game crash really destroyed.

I tried to play several different games yesterday and they all work without making problems. Because of that I can be sure, the AoC itself is fucked up. If I only knew where else Funcom saves data on my harddrive.
Back to top Go down
Hyrde
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

PostSubject: Re: Problems with client   Problems with client I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:04 pm

tried this?

http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=124985
Back to top Go down
Hyrde
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

PostSubject: Re: Problems with client   Problems with client I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:07 pm

another one suggesting this:

Downlaod the .XML file in the beginning, its empty though. Place the file in the installation folder, like you are told to do.
Then after right click on the xml file and open it with notepad, then copy this text in it.

<HttpPatchAddr> http://aoc-us-update.live.ageofconan.com/upm </HttpPatchAddr>
<ClientHttpPatchAddr> http://aoc-us-gameupdate.live.ageofconan.com/upm </ClientHttpPatchAddr>
<ControlHttpPatchAddr> http://aoc-us-control.live.ageofconan.com/upm </ControlHttpPatchAddr>
<HttpPatchFolder> AoCLiveUS </HttpPatchFolder>
<UniverseAddr> aoc-us-um.live.ageofconan.com:7000 </UniverseAddr>
<DevName> conan </DevName>
<UniverseVersion> 2 </UniverseVersion>
<PatchVersion> x47bb9b332ea75aaab1148f740472aa06 </PatchVersion>

Then run the patcher and you should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Sternenkind
Conscript
Conscript
Sternenkind

PostSubject: Re: Problems with client   Problems with client I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:08 pm

Yes, I did. The funny thing is, many people who have the same problems like cannot even start the updater. But I can, simply the game itself refuses to work. Maybe I should offer him some kisses as a reward?

The first XML file makes the updater download the last patch, the second one the whole game. Tried both, I am really thinking about the kiss solution now.
Back to top Go down
Hyrde
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

PostSubject: Re: Problems with client   Problems with client I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:13 pm

in my experience vile threats have more impact on hardware!

Yikes, I see its actually for the us version:

<ControlHttpPatchAddr> http://aoc-us-control.live.ageofconan.com/upm </ControlHttpPatchAddr>

tried the wrong maybe? this should be the eu version:

<HttpPatchAddr> http://aoc-eu-update.live.ageofconan.com/upm </HttpPatchAddr>
<ClientHttpPatchAddr> http://aoc-eu-gameupdate.live.ageofconan.com/upm </ClientHttpPatchAddr>
<ControlHttpPatchAddr> http://aoc-eu-control.live.ageofconan.com/upm </ControlHttpPatchAddr>
<HttpPatchFolder> AoCLiveEU </HttpPatchFolder>
<UniverseAddr> aoc-eu-um.live.ageofconan.com:7000 </UniverseAddr>
<DevName> conan </DevName>
<UniverseVersion> 2 </UniverseVersion>
<PatchVersion> x1d07883773b597776d657f75ca9b978c </PatchVersion>
Back to top Go down
Vanaja
Phalanx
Phalanx
Vanaja

PostSubject: Re: Problems with client   Problems with client I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:21 pm

Hmz...

And how about removing the RDBDiffIndex.bin and RDBHashIndex.bin files from D:\Age of Conan\RDB ?
Back to top Go down
Hyrde
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

PostSubject: Re: Problems with client   Problems with client I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:22 pm

btw, your installation path is: D:\Age of Conan\.

did the installer suggest it? do you have a dual-boot workstation?
Back to top Go down
Sternenkind
Conscript
Conscript
Sternenkind

PostSubject: Re: Problems with client   Problems with client I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:26 pm

It was, the last installation I was doing was now D:\Funcom\Age of Conan.
But actually it does not matter where the game is located. I copied a whole updated installation even to a removeable harddrive and I could it run there without problems.

No I do not have a dual-boot workstation. I have splitted my harddrive to a partition for Windows and its programms and a bigger partition for everything else. So, if I have to format the harddrive because of problems, only Windows would be gone.

By the way, I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 BIt, and it worked much smoother under it than on Vista before.
Back to top Go down
Hyrde
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

PostSubject: Re: Problems with client   Problems with client I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:30 pm

maybe you can give this a try:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=189580

the file Age of Conan QS.NET might work for you
Back to top Go down
Sternenkind
Conscript
Conscript
Sternenkind

PostSubject: Re: Problems with client   Problems with client I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:33 pm

I tried it already, but the programm cannot open the game.
The only thing it could do is to ignore the launcher, but thats a different problem and my launcher is working great.
Back to top Go down
Sternenkind
Conscript
Conscript
Sternenkind

PostSubject: Re: Problems with client   Problems with client I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:42 pm

I did it.

I only had to format the second harddrive, backup the Windows partition and now the game works again. Can I go to sleep now, please? *yawns*
Back to top Go down
Hyrde
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

PostSubject: Re: Problems with client   Problems with client I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:43 pm

woohoooo...gratz! Very Happy to bed with you, lass!
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Problems with client   Problems with client I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:48 pm

Woohoo, well done on getting it fixed! Smile And well done guys for helping her!
Back to top Go down
Vanaja
Phalanx
Phalanx
Vanaja

PostSubject: Re: Problems with client   Problems with client I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 1:43 pm

Sternenkind wrote:
I did it.

I only had to format the second harddrive, backup the Windows partition and now the game works again. Can I go to sleep now, please? *yawns*

Sleep? Of course not! You need to make up for all the lost time now!

Grats and sleep tight Wink
Back to top Go down
Estray Lassils
Conscript
Conscript

PostSubject: Re: Problems with client   Problems with client I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 3:02 pm

Sounds like you had a registry issue. Fun those.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with client   Problems with client I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problems with client
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ordo Templari :: Poitain (Public Area) :: Guest Room-
Jump to: