Ordo Templari
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf'

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ankhnaset
Chiliostys
Chiliostys
Ankhnaset

Location : In front of my PC fighting off waves of slavering cats and rampaging children

Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf' Empty
PostSubject: Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf'   Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf' I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 6:58 pm

This is a 'teaser' of another story I have in my head but most of my efforts will still be directed at advancing The Hidden Serpent for now. This is just a taste and it is a *very* different sort of story, somewhat more Conan-esque, and like everything I write it will be quite NSFW in parts.

It takes place several years before the events in The Hidden Serpent.
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf'   Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf' I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 7:48 pm

Bloody hells Ankhnaset, that is one fine piece of writing! It makes me want to pick up my old Greek campaign in Total: War again! Smile

Looking forward to more!
Back to top Go down
Vanaja
Phalanx
Phalanx
Vanaja

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf'   Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf' I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 9:31 pm

haven't had the time to read yet, but.. what's NSFW?
Back to top Go down
http://aoc.knightstemplar.cc/
Ankhnaset
Chiliostys
Chiliostys
Ankhnaset

Location : In front of my PC fighting off waves of slavering cats and rampaging children

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf'   Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf' I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 11:15 pm

NSFW = Not safe for work... a humorous way of saying "may contain scenes of gratuitous graphic violence, depraved sexuality, debauched drug use and sundry naughtiness that your mum, dad, vicar and employer would not approve of"
Back to top Go down
Vanaja
Phalanx
Phalanx
Vanaja

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf'   Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf' I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 12:16 am

Not safe for work was enough Razz
Although lots of text are safer than one picture .. hehe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ankhnaset
Chiliostys
Chiliostys
Ankhnaset

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf'   Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf' I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 5:41 am

Small disclosure: the writing and characterisations are mine but most of the military details and form of the battle were actually plotted out Ankhnashusband, who is a former military man and ardent history buff cyclops
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf'   Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf' I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 7:54 pm

The Ankhnashusband and the Ankhnas make a very good writing team, me thinks! I'm loving these battle descriptions. Smile
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf'   Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf' I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 1:55 pm

*cheers at new entry* Smile
Back to top Go down
Ankhnaset
Chiliostys
Chiliostys
Ankhnaset

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf'   Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf' I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 5:49 pm

And in case you were wondering, Sigrid is one of my alts (in truth my first AoC character)

Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf' Sigrid_Conan_05a

Here she is telling Conan what she really thinks of his ideas Shocked Very Happy Razz

She is wearing the heavy 'culture armour' Vanaheim' set
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf'   Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf' I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 12:35 pm

You are simply a superb writer, Ankh. And rawr, I knew Sigrid was your character! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sofra
Phalanx
Phalanx

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf'   Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf' I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 10:52 pm

I liked it a lot though yeah, NSFW. Unpleasant post battle scenes so you succeed well :p

Would like to read more
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf'   Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf' I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 1:27 pm

So when's the book going to be released? Smile
Back to top Go down
Ankhnaset
Chiliostys
Chiliostys
Ankhnaset

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf'   Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf' I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 3:52 pm

Both stories have quite a bit to go yet Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sofra
Phalanx
Phalanx

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf'   Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf' I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:41 am

love the last part's ending :-)
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf'   Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf' I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 1:15 pm

Shocked

Ankhnaset, you really do have an obsession with... certain things! LOL! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Ankhnaset
Chiliostys
Chiliostys
Ankhnaset

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf'   Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf' I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 4:21 pm

yes, I have noticed that the threat of severed... things... is a recurring theme in my stories. No doubt a psychotherapist could give a Freudian frenzy of interpretations about what that says about me Very Happy Shocked affraid

Hostility to father? Feelings towards ex-bf's? Envy? tongue Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Vanaja
Phalanx
Phalanx
Vanaja

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf'   Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf' I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 9:38 pm

I think you just can't get enough of it! Razz
Back to top Go down
Ankhnaset
Chiliostys
Chiliostys
Ankhnaset

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf'   Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf' I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 10:32 pm

Vanaja wrote:
I think you just can't get enough of it! Razz

Perhaps I just want to keep a dozen of them in a jar next to my bed Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Ankhnaset
Chiliostys
Chiliostys
Ankhnaset

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf'   Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf' I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:40 am

Note: if you have read the story this far, I have added a new first section right at the start and *slightly* reworked a few of the other chapters as a result.

I had intended to present 'The Prophecy' as a flash-back at the end of the story but decided it works better right at the start... so go read that bit now cyclops

And no, I have not provided a translation... but feel free to attempt to translate the 'Vanir' text here in the comments if you wish, the wondrous words of which were provided by generous skald from the frozen north Razz
Back to top Go down
Ankhnaset
Chiliostys
Chiliostys
Ankhnaset

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf'   Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf' I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 1:49 am

FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yipeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf'   Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf' I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 11:05 am

*stands up and applauds*

Incredibly written, Ankhnaset! Quality reading from start to end. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sofra
Phalanx
Phalanx

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf'   Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf' I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 11:38 am

Ankh that's really good stuff.

If I would make any (constructive) criticism my own feeling is that in the middle some bits could do with a touch of editting but others are really vivid.

I like it that you have an actual plot with beginning middle and end. A lot of long player written stories go on and on and peter out. Yours goes on but comes to a clearly - planned end and it works very well.

I also like the brutality, the culture clash. Strong women, strong men.
Back to top Go down
Ankhnaset
Chiliostys
Chiliostys
Ankhnaset

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf'   Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf' I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 1:00 pm

I am terrible at editing Sofra Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf'   Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regarding 'Black Dragon and Iron Wolf'
Page 1 of 1