Ordo Templari
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Regarding 'Burden'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ankhnaset
Chiliostys
Chiliostys
Ankhnaset

Location : In front of my PC fighting off waves of slavering cats and rampaging children

Regarding 'Burden' Empty
PostSubject: Regarding 'Burden'   Regarding 'Burden' I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:08 pm

Nice! Troubled times provide a rich seam of drama that is well worth mining the hell out of Laughing
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

Regarding 'Burden' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Burden'   Regarding 'Burden' I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:15 pm

Thank you Ankh! Smile Just a little scene from how Leoric got told "Here, take this and reform us!" to explain his feeling/hope that someone else will one day come and take over.

It's supposed to have taken place before we formed the guild last year. Since i'm unclear on when the Nemedian wars would have started compared to present in game time, I left it somewhat unclear exactly how long ago this would have been. Razz Got any advice on that?
Back to top Go down
Ankhnaset
Chiliostys
Chiliostys
Ankhnaset

Location : In front of my PC fighting off waves of slavering cats and rampaging children

Regarding 'Burden' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Burden'   Regarding 'Burden' I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 7:37 pm

Anything that takes place in the Border Kingdoms does not have to worry about the time line of Howard's conflicts between Aquilonia and Nemedia, so you are pretty much free to create your own back story of why the Nemedian Dragon Throne has it in for the Templari and when it started. Nemedia had been around for centuries in the era the game is set (which appears to be not long after the events in The Hour of the Dragon if you listen to some of the chatter between NPC's in Old Tarantia).

It could be as simple as the fact they are imperialistic bastards seeking to expand their power and were annoyed that the Templari were 'uncooperative' in the Borderlands (the Templari are after all 'local warlords' in the the Borderlands and 'regional lords' in part of Aquilonian Poitain, so rivalries, politics and enemies are unavoidable)... or it could be altogether more complex, such as someone who covets the Templari hordes of artefacts manipulating the Nemedians into undermining the Temparli for their own nefarious purposes... or a bit of both... it's a wolf-eat-wolf world out there and there ain't no UN peacekeepers Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

Regarding 'Burden' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Burden'   Regarding 'Burden' I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 7:43 pm

Hmm, mind you the current guild lore, as Kutaman wrote it once upon a time, had the destruction of the Temple City happen at around the same time as the battle of Valkia (which was why the main Templari force wasn't in the city to protect it) so - when did that happen in relation to current game time? I think i saw somewhere that would have been just a year prior to "current date"? Smile

I guess that could work, that all the rebuilding and raising of the new Thunder Keep would have "started" a year before the start of the game, but it does create problems if the game time doesn't advance and we want other things advance in time, regarding the keep growing bigger, the construction of Burnheim keep and of course all events in our characters' lives.

Hmm. scratch
Back to top Go down
Ankhnaset
Chiliostys
Chiliostys
Ankhnaset

Regarding 'Burden' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Burden'   Regarding 'Burden' I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:08 pm

Valley of Valkia was where Xaltotun nuked the Aquilonians with mega magics during the whole Hour of the Dragon saga
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

Regarding 'Burden' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Burden'   Regarding 'Burden' I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 12:42 am

Aye, and that was around a year before game time starts, right?
Back to top Go down
Ankhnaset
Chiliostys
Chiliostys
Ankhnaset

Regarding 'Burden' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Burden'   Regarding 'Burden' I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 12:59 am

Hard to say... all we know is the events of 'Hour of the Dragon' happened before game starts. A year ago? Two? Three? No way to know.

And I think the 'Hour of the Dragon' events take *at least* one year to unfold, no? Certainly Conan does not take his throne back in a matter of a few weeks.

If that is correct, Valkia is one of the early things at the start of the war with Nemedia, so if the Templari contingent was at Valkia and therefore got wiped out, leaving the Temple City defenceless or at least very undermanned, it could have happened *several* years ago. This also suggests any 'new' templari fortresses are probably not 'new' so much as 'rebuilt' or 'renovated' or 'purchased' or even 'captured' as building a significant stone fortress from scratch would take 10-15 years as a minimum. I read the book last year and cannot remember Cool
Back to top Go down
Rashi
Chiliostys
Chiliostys
Rashi

Regarding 'Burden' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Burden'   Regarding 'Burden' I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 3:06 pm

*loves reading about Leoric*

Moar Razz
Back to top Go down
http://tharynien.deviantart.com
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

Regarding 'Burden' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Burden'   Regarding 'Burden' I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 4:09 pm

*adds moar* Razz

Thank you Rashi! <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Regarding 'Burden' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'Burden'   Regarding 'Burden' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regarding 'Burden'
Page 1 of 1