Ordo Templari
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hmm, so "Oi" was too short eh

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dorrin
Phalanx
Phalanx
Dorrin

Hmm, so "Oi" was too short eh Empty
PostSubject: Hmm, so "Oi" was too short eh   Hmm, so "Oi" was too short eh I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 6:48 pm

Well. Circles always come around and become full, just that some circles are bigger than others and thus take longer.

I'm ..... toying with the idea... if coming back to AoC.

I've been in Lotro for quite a while now and while I'm not leaving that, I need some air. A change of place and pace if you will.

I guess most here won't know me so I'll add that other than ramblings of a mad man which I tend to have, I was part of the Templari at its initial conseption. I think (hope actually) that my character, Aargus the Bear Shaman, still sits gathering dust asleep in some dark tomb.

The last time I was in the Templari we were just building the guild keep. A fine monument to us indeed it was. Still remember taht fine view... *dreams....*

Anyway, I left due to RL things but also because things became a little stale. There was content issues back then and I'd ran out of steam. But, I've read that that issue was resolved.

So, at the moment I'm toying between DAoC and AoC. Be interested to know how things were though these days in AoC?

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Pallaetes
Valued Guest
Valued Guest
Pallaetes

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, so "Oi" was too short eh   Hmm, so "Oi" was too short eh I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:18 pm

Well, first of, even I never met you (I wasn't playing at the time) Welcome back! It's nice to see some of the "first ones" get around once again! Smile

As for AoC, game mechanically wise, a lot have changed. I wasn't here at the start but those who have go to claim that now is almost a new game. A lot of content has been added, I think you'll find hardly to run out of places to go to no matter the level range you're in, as of now.
And for sure, the changes have been for good. Sure there are still things that need to be addressed but from what I hear from long standing players, it surely is a better game now. Wink

As for Templari specifically, well they have a magnificent Keep standing as of now, almost complete with all the finest laboratories and workshops. The guild grew quite large last year but now it has shrunk a bit again. We're still standing and rolling though. I'm sure Leo will be able to tell you more about it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Dorrin
Phalanx
Phalanx
Dorrin

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, so "Oi" was too short eh   Hmm, so "Oi" was too short eh I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:03 pm

Well, I updated last night and logged in briefly.

As you can imagine, was completely lost when I logged in. Bags full of things I dont recognise and skills and combo's I dont know what are. I also noticed Id had my skill tree reset so I assume this happened during some patch.

So, I've got some green quests I noticed that might be a good place for me to start.
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, so "Oi" was too short eh   Hmm, so "Oi" was too short eh I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 5:00 pm

Yep Dorrin, it's a new game since back when we started at release. Smile Constant fixing of performance issues, class reworkings, combo reworkings, and actually the whole "RPG system" (as they call it) has been reworked. That is, stats look different now, and items play a somewhat larger role in what bonuses you have too. Most people agree everything that's been done is for the better. Smile

As for Templari, yes indeed, we grew a lot even after you left and then as always happens we ebbed again, along with the rest of the server. Then it's been going up again, and while there have been many days of struggling for motivation, there have also been many, many great nights of fun and amazing memories created. All in all, we've come a long way as a guild with a rework of the divisions (did we even have the divisions in the beginning?) and a stronger focus on RP as a whole than before. Much of this came when we decided to move to these new forums, and I had much help from other officers who have also since long moved on.

The keep is indeed still being worked on as well. We have some very stout contributors with coin and resources, and slowly but surely we are making the progress. Sure it's nowhere near as quick as in the early days, but at least it's not standing completely still either. Trickles of materials are still being donated, and I try to spend the guild's coin on the resources that we get less donations of so that numbers in stock will match exactly what we need when the time comes to upgrade. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dorrin
Phalanx
Phalanx
Dorrin

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, so "Oi" was too short eh   Hmm, so "Oi" was too short eh I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 5:33 pm

Well, Im sure you know I will help where I can. Just a lowly L48 Bear Shaman at the moment and Im still deciding if I can pick up where I left off or if I should start a new character so I can learn again from the start.

Either way, I'll be chipping in where I can (when I find out what my craft is/was as I cant recall!)
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, so "Oi" was too short eh   Hmm, so "Oi" was too short eh I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 6:07 pm

Don't worry about helping with keep resources until you are at least level 60. That's when you can at the earliest start farming the tier 3 stuff we need. Smile

Relax and enjoy the game and let us help you with what you need too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, so "Oi" was too short eh   Hmm, so "Oi" was too short eh I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hmm, so "Oi" was too short eh
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ordo Templari :: Poitain (Public Area) :: Guest Room-
Jump to: