Ordo Templari
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Debating contest :)

Go down 
+2
Pallaetes
Leoric
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

Debating contest :) Empty
PostSubject: Debating contest :)   Debating contest :) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:31 pm

Our first installment of this event a few months ago went quite well and was enjoyed by many! We're planning another of these soon, so keep a look out here and if you wish to participate either as staff or contestant, please drop a note in this thread! Smile
Back to top Go down
Pallaetes
Valued Guest
Valued Guest
Pallaetes

PostSubject: Re: Debating contest :)   Debating contest :) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:41 pm

Pallaetes will be on guard duty! Oh yeah, you can bet on it! Razz
Back to top Go down
Dorrin
Phalanx
Phalanx
Dorrin

PostSubject: Re: Debating contest :)   Debating contest :) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 6:15 pm

Can you elaborate?
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Debating contest :)   Debating contest :) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 7:15 pm

Dorrin wrote:
Can you elaborate?

Yes, I had planned to. Smile

Alright, so the idea is a tournament of sorts with set up duels in a single elimination form until we have two people square off in a final. The duels will be in form of debates, where the contestants are given a secret topic to discuss - one of them pro, the other against. Duels will be timed, and rules will be in place to give each contestant a chance to retort.

We then have a number of judges (last time we had three) who will mumble among themselves and vote on their favourite. Whoever gets the most judge votes advances to the next round, until we have a final winner. Smile

Last time Azuan was eventually crowned Queen of Debates, and the competition was held outside the library, on the stairs, in Old Tarantia. Templari provide the guard force, and last time we also provided a tournament host (Aerika, who did an excellent job!) and Leoric as one of the judges, together with two other non Templari judges.

Basicly, we need Templari for guards, host and competitors, and non Templari for judges and competitors.
Back to top Go down
Bjornia
Taxiarchos
Taxiarchos
Bjornia

PostSubject: Re: Debating contest :)   Debating contest :) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:53 pm

Bjornia will stand guard
Back to top Go down
Kyanth
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

PostSubject: Re: Debating contest :)   Debating contest :) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:30 am

I'll try to be there. As someone. *chuckles*
Back to top Go down
Vanaja
Phalanx
Phalanx
Vanaja

PostSubject: Re: Debating contest :)   Debating contest :) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:15 am

And prepare to defend (or attack) all sorts of topics. Ah, the good old stealthy little giant killer scorpions..... :')

The 1st installment of the debating competition is archived in the little bit of grey mass I still have as one of top AoC moments. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://aoc.knightstemplar.cc/
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Debating contest :)   Debating contest :) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:16 am

Yes, topics can range from anything between the serious, the philosophical, to the downright crude and silly! Razz
Back to top Go down
Dorrin
Phalanx
Phalanx
Dorrin

PostSubject: Re: Debating contest :)   Debating contest :) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:31 am

Oh sounds interesting. Aargus would love to take part in some form or another depending on the timing (I'm goverened by a bath / teeth / milk / book / bed routine of my two kids Wink
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Debating contest :)   Debating contest :) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 2:53 pm

The whole thing took 3 hours exactly last time. Will try to keep it within that time frame this time as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debating contest :)   Debating contest :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Debating contest :)
Page 1 of 1