Ordo Templari
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questions you'd like to ask devs about the Expansion?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kyanth
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

Questions you'd like to ask devs about the Expansion? Empty
PostSubject: Questions you'd like to ask devs about the Expansion?   Questions you'd like to ask devs about the Expansion? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 4:49 pm

So...

Some of you must know I work for a gaming magazine, and after they knew I played Age of Conan, they asked me if I could try and arrange for Silirrion to give me an interview so they could publish it. Unfortunately, I'm not sure you'll get to see the answers in print OR if Sil will agree to answer them, BUT! If he does, and your questions make it to the interview (as in the editors think they're good and appropriate), I will post it for you guys as a recognition.

But instead of creating questions on my own, I thought I'd ask you guys what you'd like to know. What questions would you make him if you had the chance?
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Questions you'd like to ask devs about the Expansion?   Questions you'd like to ask devs about the Expansion? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:26 pm

I'd like to know why they decided to add a distant oriental land that doesn't feel like it belongs in the Conan world, instead of expanding and better binding together the existing areas. Why not add something like Nemedia or Zingara, with all the opportunities it would give to deepen the immersion of Conan's Hyboria.
Back to top Go down
Bjornia
Taxiarchos
Taxiarchos
Bjornia

PostSubject: Re: Questions you'd like to ask devs about the Expansion?   Questions you'd like to ask devs about the Expansion? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:45 pm

Now that they're preparing for the final release of the first big expansion, and with the additional tier3 raiding updates and guild renown system, what other aspects are they considering that would immerse players more into the Conan Lore? Particularly for RPers, are there any tools being considered, such as player housing? ( Razz ) More emotes? Customisable clothing? Further expansion of the world map to include zingara, argos, vanaheim and shem? Or how about the existing areas we can access? An expansion of Aquilonia into the Gunderlands for example, or the introduction of Luxur to Stygia.

Did Funcom ever wonder that AoC, compared to other MMORPGs, is somewhat lacking in overall content? Why did they choose a zone-loading map rather than free-roam?
Back to top Go down
Kyanth
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

PostSubject: Re: Questions you'd like to ask devs about the Expansion?   Questions you'd like to ask devs about the Expansion? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:49 pm

So the interview request was approved, people! And I got the green light to post it on my gaming blog too (the one I run with my husband, that is). So now just setting up details with Sil and we're good to go.

Sooo keep the questions coming. I might have a limited number of questions to send him, so I might have to skim a few here and there, just as a head warning. Don't know how those things work!
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Questions you'd like to ask devs about the Expansion?   Questions you'd like to ask devs about the Expansion? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:58 pm

Good luck with the grilling!
Back to top Go down
Kyanth
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

PostSubject: Re: Questions you'd like to ask devs about the Expansion?   Questions you'd like to ask devs about the Expansion? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 5:34 pm

http://community.ageofconan.com/wsp/conan/frontend.cgi?func=publish.show&template=content&func_id=3155&table=CONTENT

*is proud*
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Questions you'd like to ask devs about the Expansion?   Questions you'd like to ask devs about the Expansion? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 5:50 pm

Good questions, but as usual the answers were a bit disappointing from a roleplayer's perspective.

I do wonder how people are going to roleplay travelling to Khitai, a journey that should take the better half of a year, surely? Or is there some kind of magical gateway leading there? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions you'd like to ask devs about the Expansion?   Questions you'd like to ask devs about the Expansion? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions you'd like to ask devs about the Expansion?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ordo Templari :: Poitain (Public Area) :: Guest Room-
Jump to: