Ordo Templari
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DoomDark

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Agrikaan
Conscript
Conscript
Agrikaan

DoomDark Empty
PostSubject: DoomDark   DoomDark I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:19 pm

PLAYER INFORMATION

Why do you wish to join us?
To serve my Master Agrikaan. I am but a minion.

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Name:
DoomDark

Class:
Templar

Place of Birth:
Cimmeria

Physical Description:
Big and manly

Background:
I was sold as a slave as a young child, and got traded many times. Often for trinkets and gambling debts. As such, my true and original name was lost. My last owner was a priest within a Stygian cult of Set, and they bonded my soul using dark magic to a dark soul, a fiend of darkness - to serve them. My nightmares since that day are vivid and the content is always about Acheronian ruins, picts and the eventual doom of all nations. That is when I was assigned the nickname "DoomDark". I was serving a female priestess named Shareeth.

I was to be sacrificed, but both Shareeth and I managed to flee before that happened - we had developed a special relationship. Agrikaan helped us escape further, as we stumbled upon him in Khemi. We both owe him our lives, and as is customary, we will serve him willingly until this debt is repaid. He has also promised to assist me in lifting this dreadful curse, free my soul and blood of this nightmare.

I hope to find scholars and priests that can help me. So serving the Templari must be my life, if anyone can, they will learn the truth of this. And if they can free me, my debt will be to them. For as long as my soul endures!

I will work hard to gain strength, to harden, to grow powerful. So I one day can challenge this darkness, and confront and defeat it.

Last edited by Agrikaan on Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:32 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

DoomDark Empty
PostSubject: Re: DoomDark   DoomDark I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 12:22 am

Hey Agri! Smile

We'll contact you about this application as soon as we can.
Back to top Go down
Agrikaan
Conscript
Conscript
Agrikaan

DoomDark Empty
PostSubject: Re: DoomDark   DoomDark I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:27 pm

Updated then...
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

DoomDark Empty
PostSubject: Re: DoomDark   DoomDark I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:23 pm

Nice one Agri! One little thing however, does Doomdark have an actual name other than the nickname he was given by the Setite cult? Wink I don't think he'd be introducing himself as such when seeking out the Templari?
Back to top Go down
Agrikaan
Conscript
Conscript
Agrikaan

DoomDark Empty
PostSubject: Re: DoomDark   DoomDark I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 7:24 pm

He has no real name yet, and don't want a real one until curse is lifted (or he know more of his origins and true name). DD will do. Whether that's short for DoomDark, DoDo, or DaDa is of no real consequence.... Wink

If the Templari need a "proper" name for him, whatever the order decides will serve him as well.
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

DoomDark Empty
PostSubject: Re: DoomDark   DoomDark I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:55 am

No Agri, I'm sorry but for us, Doomdark won't do as such, and it IS of consequence for us. Wink People will see a "Doomdark" with our guild tag on him, and whether it's right or not to metagame seeing someone's nametag, they will subconsciously do so, and they will wonder what the heck happened to us. To prevent this, you'd need a good ability to explain it in roleplay, and as far as i understand you weren't intending to roleplay this guy a lot? That's alright, but he'd then at the very least be expected to present himself under a proper name.

Perhaps the other officers would be more lenient, so maybe I should only speak for myself here; but when interviewing a recruit, Leoric can't take anyone calling themselves "Doomdark" seriously.
Back to top Go down
Agrikaan
Conscript
Conscript
Agrikaan

DoomDark Empty
PostSubject: Re: DoomDark   DoomDark I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 4:32 pm

I understand that completely, as I did before. I was asking for a proper name to use, assigned by the order. I'm sure the clerics and researchers can find a fitting one. For a slave that's been abused, tortured, used, cursed. A name to use until the curse is lifted, and his true name discovered. Like "Acolyte D", even though that does sound like a white rap artist.

As for an interview, I would assume his name would raise a question -> explanation. And he does not come knocking on the door one night with the full moon up, laughing evilly, he comes with an introduction of an existing member. And a plea for help...

If the order can not / will not help a man in crisis against darkness and evil due to his given name (by evil clerics), I understand, and he will move on from there. But I think the name issue is (can be) resolved.

I have no intent of heavy RP with him *now*, but that might change. Especially since all this made him the most interesting to actually play. Smile
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

DoomDark Empty
PostSubject: Re: DoomDark   DoomDark I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 4:52 pm

Haha, cheeky!

Well then Agri, I suggest we just RP a first meeting out and see what happens. I'm just giving you fair warning about the name, and some suggestions as to how you might get around it in RP. Smile And yes, you will indeed need to RP him brilliantly to slip in with a name like that. Wink
Back to top Go down
Agrikaan
Conscript
Conscript
Agrikaan

DoomDark Empty
PostSubject: Re: DoomDark   DoomDark I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 5:02 pm

Ok, lets do that! Just note: Due to... strange magical limitations, Agri och Shar can't be there physically. But they WILL be around mentally and spiritually...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DoomDark Empty
PostSubject: Re: DoomDark   DoomDark I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DoomDark
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ordo Templari :: Poitain (Public Area) :: Membership Applications-
Jump to: