Ordo Templari
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Regarding 'The man who always smiled'

Go down 
+3
Leoric
Kyanth
Bjornia
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bjornia
Taxiarchos
Taxiarchos
Bjornia

Regarding 'The man who always smiled' Empty
PostSubject: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 5:22 pm

Well... no one posted anything for some strange reason, so I will Razz

I thought the description was the greastest part of the story. Could really picture what was happening; the sights and the smells, and the gore description was really amazing. Enough to make even a true horror fan like me, feel just a little queasy ^.^' The emotion of Alejandro as he rationalised his crime, was spot on, and despite what he did, I do feel sympathise with him.

Though...now I want to read more about this Rallio and the adventures of Alejandro! bounce
Back to top Go down
Kyanth
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 5:50 pm

Yeah, I hated the Gore, but that means that it was well written (If it hadn't been well written, I wouldn't have hated it LOL!).

Just joking to say that it was a very well written story and I liked reading it!

Although I wouldn't mind a gore-warning before I start *shudders*
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 6:27 pm

Thank you both! I wrote while being horribly tired and grumbly so the gore may have been a bit much. *coughs* Apologies for that, and I'll add a warning to the top post before I continue the tale.

And yeah there's more to tell, I just wasn't sure if the lack of comments meant I'd gone over the top. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tecocoitzin
Valued Guest
Valued Guest
Tecocoitzin

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 7:48 pm

I actually found the gore just the right amount for a good impact! But I've been told I'm blood thirsty anyway so *shrugs and grins*

Sorry took so long to comment but I'm useless at these kinds of posts....

Really well written and really descriptive. Your style has a good way of painting a scene in someone's mind...blood and gore and all Wink

I want to see the next bit now hehe
Back to top Go down
Rashi
Chiliostys
Chiliostys
Rashi

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 10:30 am

Loved it! Always do what ever ya write Smile

*all gooey flu hug*
Back to top Go down
http://tharynien.deviantart.com
Tecocoitzin
Valued Guest
Valued Guest
Tecocoitzin

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:33 pm

Its about time you got the next part up and woot! It was worth waiting for. I liked it better than the first part as I love the idea of the young thief pretending to be a lord and the sadness of Sofia. Perfectly written.
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:41 pm

Thanks Tec! I wrote it with a headachey morning head, so wasn't sure how well I did. Thank you for the reassurance! I've been wanting to continue this for a while now and I think I have the next part pretty much lined up in my head also. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tecocoitzin
Valued Guest
Valued Guest
Tecocoitzin

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:10 pm

Then write it Wink I know you'll do a superb job as always and I want to see how this progresses and pans out. Getting some tantalizing hints coming through....
Back to top Go down
Bjornia
Taxiarchos
Taxiarchos
Bjornia

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:59 pm

Tantalizing hints eh? Oh my Razz
I loved it! Descriptions, little character hints, rawr! And yes, totally agree with Tec, can't wait to read part 3. Write it. Write it nao!
Back to top Go down
Bjornia
Taxiarchos
Taxiarchos
Bjornia

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 1:27 pm

*still falling off the edge of her seat* >.< bounce

ooooh I love seeing all these different sections of 'Alejandro's' past and starting to love Rallio too despite... well *keeps shushed* And the orphan's theatre idea! Awesome Surprised
Back to top Go down
Tecocoitzin
Valued Guest
Valued Guest
Tecocoitzin

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 2:18 pm

Yay!

Orphan theatre best idea ever! It paints such a picture in my head hehe.

But what a place to leave the tale! I neeeed to know what happens next! I'm sure it can't be good hehe. More! More! More!
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 4:20 pm

Thank you so much guys for the comments. Smile I struggled a little bit with the last one, but it's coming along at least. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sofra
Phalanx
Phalanx

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 5:56 pm

i loved it too
Back to top Go down
Tecocoitzin
Valued Guest
Valued Guest
Tecocoitzin

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 3:54 pm

Wow that was dark!

So well written, really put a shiver down my spine without being gory and over the top. Top quality.

Really tugged at the heart strings too Sad
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 4:06 pm

You are always so kind with your comments, Tec! Thank you! Smile
Back to top Go down
Dragevio
Valued Guest
Valued Guest
Dragevio

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 6:46 pm

nice read that was Smile makes me getting ideas for some of my own plot Razz
Back to top Go down
Kyanth
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 7:55 pm

Gah that was indeed a nice read.

I hope Alejandro burns the torturer AND the Stygian! *raises fist*
Back to top Go down
Tecocoitzin
Valued Guest
Valued Guest
Tecocoitzin

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 1:57 pm

Not burn.....

That was chilling. It had just the right mix of descriptions of the different conflicting things going on. A hard balance to get especially when writing about sexual and painful things together. Then the calm and cold killing...perfect!

It's getting more and more dark, but also more and more cold. More!
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 2:02 pm

Urgh, thank you Tec. Smile That bit turned out really difficult to write, and i'm not sure i'm quite happy with it still.
Back to top Go down
Tecocoitzin
Valued Guest
Valued Guest
Tecocoitzin

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 2:09 pm

I can imagine it was hard to write. It's a very difficult piece to balance.

If there's one thing I wouldn't be 100% happy with it's the reason she freed his hands from the shackles. It could just be me but it seems a bit....thin. It seems to me that his hands have no place for her in what's happening and the only reason would be a reward which seems a bit silly to me. I could be utterly off the mark there of course and I can suspend my disbelief if needed Wink
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 2:14 pm

Hmm, yes. Her reasons probably weren't clear enough there. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Kyanth
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 3:56 pm

Agreed.

It gave me chills down my spine. Darn it!

Good job there!
Back to top Go down
Dragevio
Valued Guest
Valued Guest
Dragevio

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 6:46 pm

nice read made...and cold...very cold....but that is the way we all like it Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:54 pm

This was the last bit in the story about how Alejandro became Devan; the man who always smiled. If anyone is interested there might be more to tell of his past, and how his paths lead him to where things are now. That would be an entirely new story though. Smile

Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
Bjornia
Taxiarchos
Taxiarchos
Bjornia

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:53 pm

i think that last post and the very first post are my favourite! The first one set such a macabre scene, and then the last one is like... "yay justice and laughs!" A really really enjoyable read, thanks for sharing it Surprised BUT....
*meeps for more!*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regarding 'The man who always smiled'
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next