Ordo Templari
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Regarding 'The man who always smiled'

Go down 
+3
Leoric
Kyanth
Bjornia
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tecocoitzin
Valued Guest
Valued Guest
Tecocoitzin

Regarding 'The man who always smiled' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 6:07 am

*claps loudly*

Perfection! Just perfect.

The transformation is just so great, finally giving in, being pushed over the edge, strolling along with death around him, burning away his old life and personality and becoming someone new Smile

The last scene, Devan walking out the city, is so funny, but knowing what's gone before, slightly sinister too. The layering is awesome, the way you build up the character and the background.

This is one of those stories that I'll come back and read again and again I think, it's that good Smile

And you know what I'm going to say now.....moar please!
Back to top Go down
Kyanth
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:29 pm

Oi finally read it!

I like it, and as Teccie says, knowing the rest that happened with him is very sinister, although the whole post has a happiness to it that makes it even MORE sinister.

Very well done!
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:31 pm

Thank you so much guys. Smile It means a lot for the writing confidence! I sometimes wish i had a bit more flair and a little less crudeness in how I use the English language, but I'm glad if the overall meaning got across even in this simpler form and if it could start giving some insight into why Devan is as he is.

I reckon that being someone new is how he copes with what happened to the old him. Sometimes those barriers between old and new crackle and weaken, and it all makes him very fun and quite interesting to play. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kyanth
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 8:47 pm

I still say Devan's one of the best characters I had the chance to RP and interact with, he's so great and thought out, and he shines so much on his own.

The story only made that even better Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding 'The man who always smiled'   Regarding 'The man who always smiled' - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regarding 'The man who always smiled'
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2