Ordo Templari
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.

Go down 
+8
Torri
Kyanth
Rashi
Tecocoitzin
Naran
Sofra
Vanaja
Wilhengard
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wilhengard
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. Empty
PostSubject: Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.   Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:41 pm

((ooc : Hail everyone ! i've been considering joinning you for a few good days now, so... time to step in and introduce myself Wink ))

The old man had found Naran in the Green Man Tavern as he had guessed. th southerner once again staring at some half naked girls dancing on his table, and this time, Wilhengard almost managed to get close to him before he turned and smiled politely. How could this man always know when he was around ? damn it was becoming frustrating. Asking for drinks, Wilhengard sat himsef near the man in a blue robe on the bench, and made a few comments on the dancers, drunkard style. Under the table, a letter was passed from the old big hands to the clean thin ones, folded instantly in a secret pocket of the blue robe.
The Cimmerian didn't have to wait for too long until his drukardish comments were enough of an excuse for Naran to ask him to leave his table, and with a grunt the old "barbarian" went away, s grin on his lips, just for himself, as he exited the tavern.

PLAYER INFORMATION

Why do you wish to join us?
i have been looking at the player guilds both IG and on the forums, and only a handful caught my interest. But those ones really motivates me. The choice of the Ordo was finally made both because i had very interesting interaction IC with some of you (hope they'll remember me :p ) and because i finished to draw my character background and base goals in life as i played, and they match really well with the Ordo's goals. So it seemed really appropriate for me to join you. Also, the few OOC chats i had with you were great fun. So here i am !

Do you have previous experience with roleplaying?
began roleplaying in UO back in the days, and the game really was immersive to say the least. Then i went on, DAoC wasn't the best place to find a lot of RP but i tried to do some there. tried a great private UO shard in which i had a lor of fun... did a bit of RP on AC2 also, and more recently in WoW, that's when i started playing on english servers (i'm french), on Argent dawn at the game release. moved on to non-RP servers to play with friend after a while, then tried LOTRO but the RP there wasn't quite my type. RP on WAR was a great disapointment.
Ultimately, i came to AoC, thinking i would play mostly solo, as in a solo RPG, doing some RP with the NPCs and with luck one or two occasional RPer met. How great was my mistake ! until now, 95% of the folks i stubbled across, either in town or in adventure zones were all RP with me as i spoked IC to them !
To sum it up : i have been more or less trying to RP on MMOs for 10 years, and i also occasionally do some P&P RPG with friends.

Which aspects of the game do you enjoy the most?
Blood & Mead aye !
Seriously, i really find the game immersive, both through the world's Lore, i'm not too much into elves and orcs... Conan background being very very closed to a mythical antiquity era is much more appealing to me. I have quite a good knowledge of this particular period in history, both about mediteranean and northern cultures (much less about egypt), so for me it's a great setting to be able to go deep into roleplaying using my RL knowledge and adapting it in the way Howard did to create his world.
I also enjoy the combat system of the game, the animations, fatalities, brutal fights... i even had my hand hurting after a long group session being the only healer the other day :p to much of combo and spell rushing with too many keyboard commands to spam Very Happy

How do you believe you can help Ordo Templari as a guild?
As a player, i hope to be able to help the guild mainly in three ways.
first, by trying to be someone with interesting RP, with whom the other members can interact to discover his background and make him discover theirs, also, someone rying to get involved in the guild's life.
secondly, well, i'm a healing class after all, that always helps when doing some group oriented content :p (this line was mostly a joke)
third, i have seen you have quite a few 3D / 2D artists, and good ones with that ! so, i hope i will be able to give another view of the guild character memebers with my own skills.
Here is a small sample, a character of mine in City of Vilain, who could well have lived in Conan's world Wink

Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. Odium-final-petit

Tell us something about you?
Well, i am French, as i said before, so i guess i'll be making quite a good chunk of mistakes when typing / writting. so, my apologies. i'm 25, and have an immoderate passion for antic / medieval pre-scandinavian history. i work as art producer for a major advertisment agency in paris, on LancĂ´me's ads... so i might have evenings with unexpected work to do and have to miss a guild event from time to time... though it shouldn't happen too often. Lastly, as i showed before, i like to draw a bit in my free time. Oh and for any purpose and to have everthing cleared from the start, i have the joy of being with a wonderful girl since some time, so i might have some weekend without even touching my computer if i get the chance to see her :p .

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Name:
Wilhengard Ragnarson, aka "Poor old Wil"

42 (yes i am conscious this is an old age for someone at this era, further more for a northerner)

Class:
Seidrman (Bear Shaman)

Place of Birth:
Ymir's Pass

Profession (tanner, adventurer, stable boy, tracker, etc):
In his youth, Wilhengard was a plunderer, raiding the coasts of southern parts of the known world, stealing, killing, raping and burning everything in his path. fifteen years ago though, things changed and he became a seidrman (northern sorcerer) and began to live in a remote house in the woods, acting as a priest for the local folks and an adviser on trivial matters and feud settlement.

Physical Description:
Wilhengard is a hulking brute of a man, muscular and a bit fat, tall and grizzled fellow. he has the body of a born warrior, but his face is the one of an old man who has seen too much, the kind of look that seems always a bit lost elsewhere in memories. His chest and shoulders are very hairy, and bears a gigantic mark of bear claws right over the heart spot. His hair is long and his beard is bushy and curly. The color is an old dark blond. Strangly enough, Wilhengard hasn't a single scratch or old wound mark apart from the bear claws.

Mental Description:
Wilhengard could almost be described as skyzophrenic. The calm and subtile part of him, displayed to everyone for fifteen years, is the one of an old wise man, a charming womanizer and a careing man, with a sharp mind and keen eyes. he is also protective and quite instructed, with a very deep knowledge of his people elder faiths and old ways.
But within him also sleeps the most brutal and harsh creature. Wilhengard is a true Berserker of the Old Times. His battle madness surpass what most men would call rage, as it has an almost divine transe aspect to it. In any case, Wilhengard ca litterally drown into his own blood lust and beleifs, if given a strong enough motive and emotion.

Background:
Wilhengard was born in a small village of Ymir's Pass, some forty-two years ago. fostered to his uncle house in Connacht Valley at the age of two, he spent there a few years of good life, treated almost like a son by his uncle. Though, he didn't really get the feeling to belong here, so it wasn't long since he seized the opportunity to move away and try to find his own place. At seven he tagged along some of his familiy members going to settle a new village north of Ymir's Pass, where some travelers had said the weather was good and the game numerous. That's the time he met Ulf and Obba, his first two mentors in the Old Ways, teaching him deeply of the ancient lore of the northern people. Both were quite old men themselves, but had a very strong faith n the elder gods and Wilhengard was eager to learn.

At fourteen, the young cimmerian was becoming quite a man to behold, tall, broad shouldered, but even more lonely than before, as his two masters had died during the winter. The small town was slowly dying as the game wasn't all tht great to begin with and the climate even harsher than expected.
Wilhengard took his opportunity to leave when a band of outlaws was rumored to dwell nearby. Joinning them, the young cimmerian began to see a much more brutal part of life, both receiving and inflicting it. The group eventully got into some serious trouble after burning down the house of the brother f a local chieftain, and were forced to exil. Wilhengard was left behind, and he found a place as skald in the chieftain's ahll, after coming there under a disguise and proved to be a good skald, thanks to his knowledge of the Old lore and tales.
In the cheiftain's House, Wilhengard met his first girls, and found himself a talent for kindness with women. But more importantly, he found a new teacher of the Old Ways. an old Seidrman who soon instructed him of all the connections between the gods of the tales, and the rites to perform to pray to them and gain their favor. The pupil stayed ther three years, learning, then rumors of war with the Vanirs came. The chieftain was to send some men to help fight the war in the north, and WIlhengard went sent along being now a full grown up young man, towering most his fellows from half a head, and having thick arms and neck.

After the war, Wilhengard found he could not return to the Cheiftain's Hall, as the man fianlly had betrayed them and allied to the Vanirs.. a bad move, but the war had been on the edge of being lost for some months and the man had cast his luck with the wrong lot. Now veteran of a few shieldwalls, Wil followed other much older men to enter the Jomsviking Fellag. a small army of raiders and plundererrs, followers of the Old Ways, who had grown too strong to be chased after by siple villages or single chieftains.
Raiding and Plundering, battleing and killing, that was his life for years, never forgetting to pray to the Old Gods.
Until the battle of Thunder River. Fifteen years ago. the day before, Wilhengard had made a dream about a great serpent rising from the water, and eating the Jomsviking captain in one bite... then visons of crows eating the eyes of them all... and the vision of a bear, fleeing the place of carnage, with terror in its gaze... in his own eyes !
Not sure of how to understand the message from te gods, Wilhengard said nothing, but kept himself ready.
That fatal day, the raider's captain turned against his men, leading them into an ambush organized by a score of small chieftains... led by a very strong Cimmerian man, a man who had dreams and ambitions of a northern country united under his rule, and had promised the captain a place in his new order if he helped him destroying the fellag plaguing the lands.
Wilhengard barely escaped with his life, running in the woods until he could run no more. There he found himself facing a very old, huge grey bear, who wounded him in the chest, cutting so deeply the cimmerian thought he would die in the minute. But it was the beast who died a few mintues later, and Wil lost himself into oblivion.

He never knew hom many days had pased when he awaked in the wods, but not at the same place. Had he wandered and forgotten ? What happened... he would never know. But he was sure the gods had warned him then saved him... and his bear claw mark on his chest almost seemed alive of its own.

After that fatefull day, WIlhengard came back to Connacht valley, and built himself a home in a remote prt of the woods. living a quiet life, trying to teach the Old Ways to the youngsters so the knowledge would not die, and to transmit his faith and beleifs in the Old Gods of the North.

And the story could have ended there... if it wasn't for some slavers who captured him a week ago, and sold him to a stygian cursed poisoner. Wilhengard survived that grim day, but he cannot go back to his quiet old life. Feuds needs bloods to be settled, and the Gods themselves seems eager to watch him rise again and strike havoc to his enemies once again.
Two goals lead his path, to carry one the legacy of the Old Ways and transmit it to others, to make sure it is not forgotten, and his prsonnal blood feuds, that drives him to regain his former strengh...
Back to top Go down
Vanaja
Phalanx
Phalanx
Vanaja

PostSubject: Re: Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.   Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:09 pm

You might've run into Templars before then, since we have (had) divisions in DAoC, WoW and WAR at least! Very Happy

Try to find someone to sponsor you (IC) and looking at your application I'm positive you could be in the Ordo quickly.
See you in Hyboria!
Back to top Go down
http://aoc.knightstemplar.cc/
Sofra
Phalanx
Phalanx

PostSubject: Re: Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.   Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:16 pm

Nice application !

I am not in game atm but I strongly hope one of our Chilios can grab you and sponsor, then an officer interview.

theres a couple needing it now Smile hyrde too
Back to top Go down
Naran
Chiliostys
Chiliostys

PostSubject: Re: Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.   Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:21 pm

Yes, time flies when you are in good company. And yesterday, there was plenty of that, yes?

Very nice application, look forward to seeing more of you!

Also, your graphics skills are very nice.
Back to top Go down
Wilhengard
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

PostSubject: Re: Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.   Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:30 pm

Well, i hope you will like it enough to be my sponsor Naran Wink

(thank you for the nice comments all three of you.)
Back to top Go down
Naran
Chiliostys
Chiliostys

PostSubject: Re: Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.   Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:35 pm

Once I get promoted I'll be sure to do just that Wink
Back to top Go down
Tecocoitzin
Valued Guest
Valued Guest
Tecocoitzin

PostSubject: Re: Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.   Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:10 pm

Gah what are you doing here old man!

*grins and pokes poor old Wil*

You've found yet another one of my hiding places Wil, along with Dillon and Jodoc, and I know you'll be great for the guild! Wish I could be your sponser but I'm just a pleb here but I know you'll get one very soon with your high rp standard. Looking foward to seeing you in the Templari, though not the vrp *winks*
Back to top Go down
Rashi
Chiliostys
Chiliostys
Rashi

PostSubject: Re: Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.   Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:14 pm

Hello there Wilhengard, Wil! Thank you for your application and hopefully you will be part of the Ordo soon as well!
Back to top Go down
http://tharynien.deviantart.com
Wilhengard
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

PostSubject: Re: Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.   Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:20 pm

Crom ! Jodoc you're freaking everywhere !
i wonder if ou also have a foot in the Berades guild, since you seem to be present in every major RP guild out there. Anyway, thank you for your kind words, and about the vRP, i guess i'll find a way to make one of your character have a taste of it, if the situation arise Wink.

I wonder if Bjornia will sponsor me or vote against me after yesterday night events in front of the tavern, we'll see when she comes posting here i guess ^^
Back to top Go down
Kyanth
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

PostSubject: Re: Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.   Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:28 pm

Wil! ((Alli/Finola/Kyanth here Wink

There are kind of RL problems with me getting up in ranks (as I don't seem to be able to make it to the meetings lately Very Happy), or I'd definitely find a way to sponsor you!

Welcome and I'm very very glad to see your application here!
Back to top Go down
Wilhengard
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

PostSubject: Re: Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.   Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:46 pm

wow. this forum has some many V.I.P.s, Hello Alli ^^
well, being old and all, i guess it won't surprise anyone if i, once again, repeat myself : thank you for your very nice comments.
Back to top Go down
Torri
Valued Guest
Valued Guest
Torri

PostSubject: Re: Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.   Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:57 pm

You sound fun and someone Torri should get to know. Very Happy
And I can sponser Razz so give me a call in game most nights after 17.00 bst and we can have a bit RP, as I enjoy the Rp here as much/more than the in game content and will always drop whatever im doing to stick my nose in, (unless im half way through a tough dungeon of course)

Oh and by the way 42 years old is NOT old your in your prime *cough* queen
Back to top Go down
Wilhengard
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

PostSubject: Re: Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.   Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:03 pm

why do men agree about me being old, while all the women always make a first point to tell me that i am not old ut just in the best of age... damn life's hard... Very Happy

(be assured i will send you a /tell to get a way to cross you path tonight !)
Back to top Go down
Tecocoitzin
Valued Guest
Valued Guest
Tecocoitzin

PostSubject: Re: Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.   Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:12 pm

*grins*

No not every rp guild! Just this one and the House. And Jodoc....who is a guild all by himself (well he was until a couple of weeks ago anyway *grumbles about people forcing him to invite*).

I think you'll be surprised at Tec in the Templari and I hope for many hours of rp with you in the guild!

And a point....Jodoc is in fact far, far older than Wil is Wink you're just a cub to the old bear!
Back to top Go down
Bjornia
Taxiarchos
Taxiarchos
Bjornia

PostSubject: Re: Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.   Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:23 pm

Wow...those art skill are...wow Shocked

As for sponsoring, yeah I guess I can sponsor on an ooc basis. Though ICly Bjornia was trying to help Wilhengard before he passed out so, maybe that will develop a little more. I could try to be there for any interview to sponsor more on an IC basis I guess.
Back to top Go down
Wilhengard
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

PostSubject: Re: Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.   Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:30 pm

maybe we'll have the chance tonight if you're available ^^

thanks for the art comment too ! i will have to get one of Wil done at some point, but i am working on a big other one at the moment ^^
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.   Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:51 pm

I'll be online tonight on and off, so might be able to do an interview if Wil is ready for it and if i don't get pulled away to another in game meeting that was scheduled tonight but which may have been postponed.

In either case, welcome to the boards and thank you for your application! Smile
Back to top Go down
Wilhengard
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

PostSubject: Re: Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.   Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:55 pm

as i said, this is becoming a totally VIP topic. i guess it's my vRP reputation that drags everyone in Wink
thanks for the warm welcome Leoric.
Back to top Go down
Sofra
Phalanx
Phalanx

PostSubject: Re: Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.   Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:26 pm

* mumbles* and hyrd !
Back to top Go down
Vanaja
Phalanx
Phalanx
Vanaja

PostSubject: Re: Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.   Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:05 am

I tried to get him towards sponsoring/interviewing (as did Bjornia) but he kept babbling about his woman and the gods *grins*

Perhaps Bjornia succeeded, I really needed some Zzzzz.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wilhengard
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

PostSubject: Re: Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.   Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:11 am

What ? :p Bjornia made me tell my whole life almost from cradle to grave, and you were only asking questions about Allianthe, who is NOT my woman !, Crom curses you ! :p
Back to top Go down
Leoric
Strategos
Strategos
Leoric

PostSubject: Re: Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.   Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 4:07 am

Interviewed and oath taken. Smile Welcome to the Templari, Wilhengard!
Back to top Go down
Kyanth
Valued Guest
Valued Guest

PostSubject: Re: Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.   Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 6:21 am

Allianthe's -definitely- not anyone's woman! Very Happy

But welcome, Wil! I'm glad you finally made it!
Back to top Go down
Vanaja
Phalanx
Phalanx
Vanaja

PostSubject: Re: Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.   Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:39 am

Oh... he made it in! now, let's whip some respect into that boy! *chuckles*

Welcome Wilhengard! Happy you managed to get interviewed after all!
Back to top Go down
Naran
Chiliostys
Chiliostys

PostSubject: Re: Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.   Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:06 am

And a new generation of vrp in the templari may begin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.   Wilhengard, Old Man of the North. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wilhengard, Old Man of the North.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ordo Templari :: Poitain (Public Area) :: Membership Applications-
Jump to: