Ordo Templari
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Journal extracts from Aargus

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dorrin
Phalanx
Phalanx
Dorrin

Journal extracts from Aargus Empty
PostSubject: Journal extracts from Aargus   Journal extracts from Aargus I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:45 pm

I stood atop the dune, the wind mercilessly whipping my face, arms and legs. The sand from the hillside was lifted up with the wind and I could feel its jagged teeth scraping against my skin. Looking out over the desert and in the distance the Black Castle stood towering, casting its shadow deep into the land. I feared that someone soon might send me into that most unwelcome place.

I remember licking my lips. The dry skin feeling rough against my tongue. My mouth ached for the Ale I had tasted only days before back in Khemi. The relentless heat blistering my face. My body struggling to even produce sweat such was my dehydration.

This was the Khopshef Province. Further away from Cimmeria with its Mountains and rivers I felt I could not be.

I came here looking for work and that I did find. For days I had now circled these lands. Fending myself from scorpions, snakes and even the terrifying Mantis. Men I can handle, but the unknown onslaught of the different beasts is deadly. Be it from poisonous venom or a rending claw, the Gods were almost waiting to welcome me around every bend.

While the heat of the day drained my energy like a sand timer, night presented its own problems. The temperature would rapidly drop and the change in extreme could lead to swift problems. Many had been known to die out here, weak and thirsty as well as perfect prey for the animals that make this their home. Vultures would just stand and watch. Then wait, knowingly.

I had to shrug these thoughts off, seeing the small town in the distance, I headed back to Caravanserai where I could at least quench his thirst with water and get my head down before returning to the sands tomorrow.

And here I am. Nothing in the way of hospitality here. Only because I am doing some work for a man has he let me rest by his hut with his chickens. A better companion would have been preferred. But at least it should be safe.

Should be.
Back to top Go down

Journal extracts from Aargus
Page 1 of 1